Friday, February 27, 2015

Logo Reflection

The most challenging aspect of creating my logo design was getting the letters to look neat and smooth. Because I was creating letters with the microphone cord, I had to use anchors and manually make the curves. That was already very difficult because everything had to look straight and uniform. As I changed the curve thickness and distortions later during the process, I found that just because it looked okay with one setting(thickness) it may not look okay in another. So every time I changed something, I had to readjust the curves so there are no sharp edges peeking out.
I overcame this challenge by being patience because there were no shortcuts available. So every time I tested out a change, I had to patiently readjust the the letters. It was frustrating at first, but overtime I was able to alternate curves and anchor faster. I learned that if an anchor is not working out, the best bet for me is to add an anchor next to it and delete the previous anchor. This can help smooth out my design.
The most successful aspect of my logo was the shade/gradient on the microphone. I spent a long time on it. Not only did I create gradient separably on the mic and handle(bottom part of the mic), I also created gradient on the out line to make the mic look more 3D. The casual line/curves on the top also adds a cartoonish/ casual look to the mic which is suitable for both the club and logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment