Tuesday, December 23, 2014

6 Typefaces



This is a slab serif typeface and it used to advertise. I found it on a magazine. I do not feel the type faced is the best choice because it looked very plain. Because it is a "luxury" there should be a more luxurious type rather than slab serif. But, it is appropriate because thinking in perspective, simple typefaces on the cover would not crowd and overwhelm the reader.  I also noticed that under the slab serif typeface is the sans serif typeface.



This is a sans serif typeface and it is a brand near my school. Like the first example, the logo is very clean-cut which is suitable for the products it is selling. SAFAR aims towards business men who have clean and simple looks, like the sans serif, There is nothing excess sticking out but plain and simple.



This is a modern typeface and it is a brand. It was in a magazine perfume sample. The typeface is very suitable for the purpose especially because it is for a high-end brand. The typeface used as a brand is very eye catching because of the thick and thins of the letters. This adds to the high class sense of the perfume being sold.



This is an old-style typeface and it is the the name of an organization. I found it on my library card. It is appropriate for its purpose because it is legible. As a large organization, the typeface suggests how old the library system is. The website, www.nypl.org,is in sans serif to create a straightforward, easy to read website.




This is a decorative typeface and it is the name of a store I saw near school. It is appropriate for the purpose because it is not a high class store. With round and fun letters, it attracts everyone/ average citizens to enter. I noticed that under "flavors" are the san serif typeface. Contrasting with the store name, it acts as a general description to what the store's goals are.



This is a script typeface and it is the name of a company. I found this in my wallet(card). It is appropriate for the brand and card because it makes the company and chocolate look very elegant. I noticed there was also the sans serif typeface which like the logo before acts as a description to the store and what the card is for.













2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Coach is modern typeface because there is thin/thick transition between the letter. I also agree that the library card is Old-style because the serif is slanted. I love your the decorative typeface use in flavor and it makes the store name very stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lindt logo is so pretty! the decorative font makes the box look elegant and expensive~

    ReplyDelete