Thursday, December 11, 2014

Portrait Transformation

Before: 

After:
I started with the image of the subject and changed its dimensions and ppi. Then I added many layer masks(curves) to achieve the effect of natural lighting shining on her right side. I also made her left side dark to create the contrast. Then I used the the magnetic lasso tool (adding to and subtracting from selection) to cut her out of the original. After finding the background picture, I decided I needed other adjustments like changing the brightness. I copied and pasted the cut out image/subject onto the background and changed her size, opacity to erase her and made it seem like she is hiding. I repeated this four more times.
My concept is nature and becoming part of nature. The peekaboo action was meant to make nature look fun. The subject is really comfortable in nature and therefore is sort of playing hide and go seek with the audience. Her size does not overpower the background image, therefore not taking away it influence. Her being encompassed in grass and trees makes the environment seem very friendly and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment